Visiting Vietnam requires obtaining a visa for most foreign nationals. There are several options for applying for a Vietnam visa depending on your nationality and length of stay. This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know to successfully apply for a visa to Vietnam.
Table of Contents
Apply visa vietnam online
Applying for a Vietnam visa online is the most convenient option for many travelers. Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for a Vietnam eVisa online:
Choose type of visa
There are several types of visas available for Vietnam:
- Single entry visa – Valid for 30 days from date of entry. For a single trip to Vietnam.
- Multiple entry visa – Valid for 30 days from date of entry and allows multiple entries within a set period (1 month to 1 year). For frequent visits.
- Visa on arrival – Issued when arriving at international airports in Vietnam. Valid for 30 days from date of entry.
Choose the right type based on the purpose and frequency of your travel. Multiple entry visas allow flexible travel but are more expensive.
Prepare required documents
You will need digital copies of supporting documents ready to upload with your application:
- Passport photo according to specifications
- Clear passport scan (biometric page with photo)
- Return ticket or detailed itinerary
Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond the travel date.
Choose approved visa on arrival provider
There are many visa service providers online but only certain approved companies can provide eVisas. Stick to reputable providers endorsed by the Vietnamese government for a smooth application process.
Some recommended providers are:
Compare prices between different platforms. Fees generally range from $15-$35 USD depending on visa type.
Complete online application form
Fill out the secure online visa application form completely with accurate personal and passport details. Make sure to specify your desired validity and dates of travel.
Double check the application before submission to avoid mistakes. Approval wait times range from 1-3 working days once submitted.
Obtain visa approval letter
After approval, you will receive an official visa approval letter via email. Print multiple copies of this letter to present upon arrival in Vietnam along with your passport.
The approval letter will have a valid visa stamp on it allowing customs entry. Some airlines may also request to see this documentation when boarding flights to Vietnam.
Following these steps allows you to easily apply for Vietnam visas entirely online and receive approval before your trip. Just present your paperwork on arrival for smooth entry clearance.
Apply Vietnam visa on arrival
Another option for obtaining a Vietnam visa is applying directly at the airport upon arrival. Here is what to expect when applying for a visa on arrival in Vietnam:
Citizens from certain countries are eligible for visas on arrival, while others must apply in advance. Check if your passport is eligible before planning on this method.
Generally citizens of Western countries like the USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, and Australia can obtain visas on arrival.
Required application form and photos
To apply on arrival, you must fill out a paper application form provided at the airport visa desk. Bring at least 2 passport-size photos with you to attach to the form.
Fees for visas issued on arrival are generally $25 USD paid in cash (either US dollars or Vietnamese dong). Have exact change ready to streamline the process.
The visa on arrival desk is located before immigration clearance. Look for signs directing you upon arrival at major airports like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City or Da Nang.
Visas issued on arrival allow a stay of up to 30 days in Vietnam from the date of entry. This single entry visa cannot be extended.
Vietnam eVisa alternative
While convenient, applying directly on arrival can sometimes involve long queues and processing delays. Travelers short on time may prefer applying for an [eVisa online](
apply-visa-vietnam-online) in advance instead.
Overall, visas on arrival provide a straightforward way to enter Vietnam if eligible. Just make sure to prepare application forms, passport photos, and cash fees to avoid complications.
Advices Apply visa Vietnam
Here are some top tips for navigating the Vietnam visa application process smoothly:
- Check visa requirements early – Confirm if you need a visa and what type based on your nationality and travel plans.
- Apply in advance – Do not leave visa application until the last minute. Apply at least 2-4 weeks before your trip for best results.
- Print visa approval – Carry multiple hard copies of eVisa approval letters in hand luggage when traveling.
- Confirm visa dates – Double check that your visa validity covers the entire period of your intended stay in Vietnam.
- Have passport photos ready – Bring extra passport photos in case required for any on-arrival applications.
- Carry US dollars – Have $25-50 USD in cash on hand for potential visa on arrival fees.
- Be wary of scams – Only use reputable visa agencies. Avoid offers that sound too good to be true.
- Check passport validity – Make sure your passport has at least 6 months validity remaining for visa purposes.
- Apply for extensions early – If needed, extend your visa several days before initial expiry to avoid overstays.
- Keep copies of paperwork – Maintain digital and print copies of approval letters, receipts and other paperwork.
Following these tips will help avoid potential hiccups in obtaining a visa and entering Vietnam smoothly. Allow enough time, use legitimate services and double check all documentation.
5 FAQs Apply visa Vietnam
Here are answers to five frequently asked questions about applying for a Vietnam visa:
1. How long does it take to get a Vietnam visa?
- Regular processing time is 1-3 business days for eVisas. Urgent requests may be completed within 24 hours for an additional fee. Visas on arrival are issued quickly upon airport arrival.
2. Do I need a visa to travel to Vietnam?
- Yes, most foreign passport holders require a visa to enter Vietnam regardless of purpose of travel. Exceptions include citizens of certain ASEAN countries. Check current visa rules for your nationality.
3. What is the best way to apply for a Vietnam visa?
- Applying through an approved online eVisa provider is recommended for its speed and convenience compared to embassy applications. Visa on arrival is another option if eligible.
4. How much does a Vietnamese visa cost?
- Online eVisa fees are generally $15-$35 USD depending on visa validity. Single entry visas issued on arrival cost $25 USD paid in cash. Expect additional service fees from visa processing agents.
5. Can I get a multiple entry visa for Vietnam?
- Yes, multiple entry visas allow stays of up to 3 months on each entry within a set validity period. These can be obtained by applying through select online visa agencies for Vietnam.
Carefully reviewing visa requirements before travel and applying early ensures a stress-free visit to Vietnam. Reputable online visa services provide the most efficient approval process.
Applying for a proper visa is a key requirement for entry into Vietnam for tourism or business purposes. With early planning and use of recommended visa services, travelers can obtain necessary approval in just a few clicks without hassle.
Visas can be secured either through online eVisa platforms or upon arrival at major Vietnamese airports if eligible. Be sure to follow application steps closely, have all documentation ready, and double check dates and details. This comprehensive guide on how to apply for Vietnam visas covers eligibility, fees, processing times and more to make your travel planning easy. With visa in hand, get ready to explore the wonders of Vietnam!