Vietnam has become an increasingly popular destination for tourists and business travelers from all over the world, including Poland. As a Polish citizen, you may be wondering what the requirements are for obtaining a visa to enter Vietnam in 2023. In this article, we will discuss the necessary steps and documents needed for Polish citizens to obtain a visa for Vietnam in 2023.
Table of Contents
Do Polish need a visa to visit Vietnam?
Yes, Polish citizens need a visa to visit Vietnam. There are two ways to apply for a Vietnam visa:
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA): This is the easiest and most convenient way to apply for a Vietnam visa. You can apply online at the Vietnam Immigration Department website (https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/) and receive your visa approval letter within 24-72 hours. Once you have your visa approval letter, you can pick up your visa at one of the following international airports in Vietnam: Noi Bai International Airport (HAN), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN), Da Nang International Airport (DAD), Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR), and Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC).
- Vietnam Visa Stamped on Passport: You can also apply for a Vietnam visa at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country. This process will take longer than applying for a VOA, and you will need to submit your passport and other required documents in person.
Visa requirements for Polish citizens:
- A valid passport with at least 6 months of validity remaining after your intended date of departure from Vietnam.
- A visa approval letter (if applying for a VOA).
- Two recent passport-sized photos.
- A completed visa application form.
- Visa fees (vary depending on the type of visa and method of application).
Visa processing time:
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA): 24-72 hours.
- Vietnam Visa Stamped on Passport: 3-5 working days.
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA): 30 days or 90 days, single or multiple entry.
- Vietnam Visa Stamped on Passport: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year, single or multiple entry.
Please note that the information above is for general guidance purposes only. For the most up-to-date information on Vietnam visa requirements, please visit the website of the Vietnam Immigration Department or contact a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
Sure, here is a detailed list of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam:
Country Visa-free duration Brunei 14 days Cambodia 30 days Indonesia 30 days Laos 30 days Malaysia 30 days Myanmar 30 days Philippines 21 days Singapore 30 days Thailand 30 days
Country Visa-free duration Belarus 45 days Denmark 45 days Finland 45 days France 45 days Germany 45 days Italy 45 days Japan 45 days Norway 45 days Russia 45 days Spain 45 days Sweden 45 days Switzerland 45 days United Kingdom 45 days
Country Visa-free duration Argentina 90 days Australia 90 days Brazil 90 days Canada 90 days Chile 90 days Colombia 90 days Cuba 90 days Ecuador 90 days Japan 45 days Mexico 90 days New Zealand 90 days Panama 90 days Paraguay 90 days Peru 90 days South Africa 90 days South Korea 45 days United States of America 90 days Uruguay 90 days
- This list is subject to change. Please check with the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date information.
- Some countries may have different visa requirements for different types of passports (e.g., diplomatic, official, ordinary).
- Some countries may have different visa requirements for different purposes of travel (e.g., tourism, business).
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
International airports that permit the use of a Vietnam visa on arrival for Polish citizens:
- Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in Hanoi
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) in Ho Chi Minh City
- Danang International Airport (DAD) in Danang
- Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR) in Nha Trang
- Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC) on Phu Quoc Island
- Polish citizens must have a valid passport for at least 6 months beyond their planned departure date from Vietnam.
- Polish citizens must also have at least two blank pages in their passport for the visa stamp.
- Polish citizens must obtain a visa approval letter from a reputable visa agency before their trip. This can be done online or through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
- Upon arrival at one of the designated international airports in Vietnam, Polish citizens must proceed to the “Visa on Arrival” counter.
- Present the following documents to the immigration officer:
- Visa approval letter
- Two passport-sized photos
- Completed visa application form (provided at the airport)
- Pay the visa fee in cash (US dollars or Vietnamese dong).
- Receive the visa stamp in your passport.
- It is recommended to apply for a visa approval letter in advance of your trip, as this will save you time and hassle at the airport.
- Be sure to check the validity of your visa approval letter before you travel.
- Keep a copy of your visa approval letter with you at all times during your trip.
- Be prepared to pay the visa fee in cash.
Note: The Vietnamese government has announced that it will gradually phase out the visa on arrival program. However, as of November 6, 2023, Polish citizens are still eligible to obtain a visa on arrival at the international airports listed above.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Polish citizens – Work permit
One of Vietnam Visa Requirements for Polish citizens is work permit. This is a requirement granted only for foreigners in general and Polish passport holders in particular when entering Vietnam for working purpose. In this case, you can not apply for tourism Vietnam Visa, you need Visa to work, this is also a permission that allows you to stay and work in Vietnam.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Polish citizens have something to be noted:
- Whoever does not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, please let the Visa Agent know so they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set which is submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time travelers must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will redo or correct free of charge or refund as passenger’s requirement.
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can travel by air or road or waterway from Poland or from other countries to Vietnam.
Tips for Immediate Vietnam Visa for Polish Citizens
If you are a Polish citizen and need an immediate Vietnam visa, there are a few things you can do to expedite the process.
1. Apply for an e-visa.
This is the fastest and easiest way to get a Vietnam visa. You can apply online and receive your visa within 24-48 hours. To apply for an e-visa, you will need to provide a copy of your passport, a photo of yourself, and your contact information.
2. Contact a visa agency.
If you need a Vietnam visa immediately, but do not have time to apply for an e-visa, you can contact a visa agency. Visa agencies can help you to expedite the visa process and can often get you a visa within a few days.
3. Apply for a rush visa at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
If you need a Vietnam visa immediately and cannot apply for an e-visa or contact a visa agency, you can apply for a rush visa at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate. Rush visas are typically issued within 24 hours. However, it is important to note that rush visas are more expensive than regular visas.
Tips for Applying for a Vietnam Visa
Here are some additional tips for applying for a Vietnam visa:
- Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Vietnam.
- Have a photo of yourself that meets the Vietnamese visa requirements. The photo must be a recent passport-style photo and must be in color.
- Fill out the visa application form carefully and accurately.
- Pay the visa fee.