Are you planning a trip to Vietnam? If so, you’ll need to apply for an eVisa before you go. An eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows you to enter Vietnam without having to obtain a physical visa from the Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the Vietnam eVisa application process and provide you with everything you need to know to ensure a smooth and successful application.
Table of Contents
What is an eVisa?
Before we dive into the Vietnam eVisa application process, let’s take a closer look at what an eVisa is.
An eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows foreign nationals to enter a country for a specific period of time. It is issued electronically and linked to your passport, meaning you don’t need to obtain a physical visa stamp in your passport before travelling.
The Vietnam eVisa is valid for a single entry and allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days. It is available to citizens of over 80 countries, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and many European nations.
How to Apply for an eVisa for Vietnam
Now that we know what an eVisa is let’s discuss how to apply for one for Vietnam.
Step 1: Check if You’re Eligible
Before starting your Vietnam eVisa application, you must first check if you’re eligible. As previously mentioned, the Vietnam eVisa is available to citizens of over 80 countries. You can check whether your country is eligible on the official Vietnam eVisa website.
Step 2: Gather Your Documents
To apply for a Vietnam eVisa, you’ll need the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least six months’ validity beyond your intended stay in Vietnam.
- A digital passport-sized photo.
- A debit or credit card to pay the application fee.
Step 3: Complete the Application Form
Once you’ve confirmed your eligibility and gathered your documents, it’s time to complete the Vietnam eVisa application form. You can access the online application form on the official Vietnam eVisa website.
The application form will require you to provide personal information such as your name, date of birth, nationality, and passport details. You’ll also need to upload your passport photo and specify your purpose of travel.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
After completing the application form, you’ll be prompted to pay the Vietnam eVisa application fee using a debit or credit card. The current fee for a Vietnam eVisa is $25 USD, which is non-refundable.
Step 5: Receive Your eVisa
Once your Vietnam eVisa application has been processed and approved, you’ll receive your eVisa via email. You’ll need to print a copy of your eVisa and present it to Vietnamese immigration officials upon arrival.
Examples of eVisa Vietnam Applications
To give you a better idea of what to expect when applying for a Vietnam eVisa, here are some examples of real-life applications:
Example 1: Sarah from Canada
Sarah is a Canadian citizen who plans to travel to Vietnam for a two-week vacation. She is eligible for the Vietnam eVisa and decides to apply online.
She gathers her documents and completes the application form, paying the $25 USD fee using her credit card. Within three business days, she receives her eVisa via email.
Example 2: John from Australia
John is an Australian citizen who needs to travel to Vietnam for a business meeting. He is eligible for the Vietnam eVisa and submits his application online.
He provides all the necessary documents and pays the application fee using his debit card. Within two business days, he receives his eVisa via email.
Comparisons of Vietnam eVisa Applications
Compared to traditional visa applications, the Vietnam eVisa application process is straightforward, convenient, and cost-effective. Here are some of the benefits of applying for an eVisa for Vietnam:
- Quick processing time: You can expect to receive your Vietnam eVisa within three business days.
- Online application: You can complete your Vietnam eVisa application from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection.
- No need to visit an embassy or consulate: With a Vietnam eVisa, you don’t need to visit a Vietnamese embassy or consulate to obtain a physical visa stamp in your passport.
- Cost-effective: The Vietnam eVisa application fee is just $25 USD, making it an affordable option for most travellers.
Advices for Vietnam eVisa Application
To ensure a successful Vietnam eVisa application, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Apply in advance: It’s recommended to apply for your Vietnam eVisa at least one week before your intended travel date to allow enough time for processing and any potential issues that may arise.
- Double-check your information: Before submitting your Vietnam eVisa application, make sure all the information you provide is accurate and matches your passport details.
- Follow photo requirements: Ensure your passport photo meets the requirements specified on the Vietnam eVisa website. Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
- Keep a copy of your eVisa: It’s important to print a copy of your Vietnam eVisa and keep it with you when travelling to Vietnam. You’ll need to present it to immigration officials upon arrival.
- Be prepared at the airport: Make sure you have all the necessary documents ready, including your passport and eVisa. You may also need to provide proof of onward travel and accommodation arrangements.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a seamless and stress-free Vietnam eVisa application process.
Applying for a Vietnam eVisa is a simple and convenient process that allows you to enter Vietnam without having to obtain a traditional visa stamp in your passport. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article and keeping our tips in mind, you can successfully apply for a Vietnam eVisa and enjoy your trip to this beautiful country.
Remember to check your eligibility, gather your documents, complete the application form, pay the fee, and receive your eVisa before traveling to Vietnam. With a valid eVisa, you can explore all the wonders this country has to offer without any worries.