Since Jan 2017, Vietnam government officially implements the new generation of visa: e-visa (electronic visa). The piloting period of e-visa for travelers coming to Vietnam as foreigners are scheduled to last two years for a certain number of nationals. Is Vietnam e-Visa in Hong Kong eligible?
Table of Contents
What is Vietnam e-visa?
Electronic visa for Vietnam is the latest type to be issued, which enables travelers being abroad from Vietnam to apply for a visa online, get approval and visa printed themselves in stead of sourcing one at Vietnam embassy or via an agent online.
Can Vietnam e-Visa in Hong Kong be eligible?
Currently, Hong Kong has not been listed in the e-visa applicable citizens.
However, there are alternative convenient ways in Hong Kong to apply for a visa online, get an electronic visa (approval letter).
Just go through few steps to get visa Vietnam e-Visa in Hong Kong
- Complete application form online at http://visaonlinevietnam.com/apply-vietnam-visa-form
- Make payment for approval fee
- Get electronic visa approval letter after two business days via email
Then foreingers can get a visa for Vietnam stamped onto your passport at the arrival airport in Vietnam.
What are the applicable types of visa in Hong Kong?
Foreigners are allowed to enter Vietnam for the purpose of business or tourist. These two different purposes require you to apply for different visa types for Vietnam.
To be granted a business visa, Hong Kong applicants are not necessarily have a contract with a company in Vietnam. Visa agents can be also your sponsors.
For tourist visa: the applicable length of visa validity is no more than 90 days, while that for a business visa can be requested to be one year.
Vietnam E-visa Requirements in Hong Kong
You will be required to complete the online application in a single web browser session. Before starting the e-visa application process, please ensure you have all of these required elements:
- A valid email address to get notification regarding e-visa status
- A copy of passport valid for at least 6 months (Scanned the page of passport which contain your personal information) for uploading in the form online.
- A recent digital photograph for uploading in the form online.
- A valid credit card or PayPal account to pay for the e-visa application’s fee.
How about the visa fee for foreigners?
The different visa types regarding their validity length and purposes will result in different visa fee rates.
Specifically, there are two fee types to be paid: approval fee and stamping fee.
Then approval fee is legitimated to get the electronic visa approval letter for foreigners. This also means that it should be paid when submitting an application online. The application and payment must be completed and confirmed before it is processed and get the outcome for citizens.
Notices about visa service fee: this fee is paid to the agent who will:
- Accept your visa request together with related application information
- Reviewing and make sure it is eligible and adequate
- Request e-visa approval letter on your behalf
- Consult the essential preparations and as well and notification on getting the visa approved and stamped on your passport.
- Scan and send the visa approval letter to the approved applications.
And last but not least, we are always here and listen, be willing to support you any matter related to the visa.
Stamping fee is collected directly by the immigration officer stamping visa for you at the airport in Vietnam.
The rates of stamping fees are applied the same for citizens of all countries: single entry visa of fewer than 90 days cost USD 25, multiple entries visa of fewer than 90 days cost USD 50, multiples entries visa six months is USD 95, and 12 months visa requires USD 135.
If you want to apply for Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Kowloon, Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long, Tung Chung, Sha Tin, Tuen Mun, Tai Po or any cities in Hong Kong. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
How to apply Vietnam e-Visa in Hong Kong?
If you want to secure your e-visa with refundable policy (100% satisfied or get back your money) you can apply your e-visa through easy apply Vietnam visa form (filling your entry date, entry and exit port of arrival then submit your passport copy online) then we will take care the rest of procedure to get your e-visa on time as promise.
Please note: Vietnam e-Visa holders just go straight to the passport control to check & get stamp for entry 30 days, no need to pay any amount or go the visa issuing office to get visa. Other types of visa go to the visa issuing office to get visa before going to the passport control.
In case you want multiple entry-visa or stay more than 30 days, please choose other type of visa available on the form then pick up your visa on arrival at the visa issuing office located at the international airport where you landing in Vietnam.
The e-visa or visa approval letter is a paper approved by Vietnam Immigration allows to board and pick up visa on arrival at international airports of Vietnam. You should check it careful to make sure no mistake or error then print a copy to use.
Upon arrival at the Vietnam international airport, you will see the Immigration Office where visa on arrival are issued. The visa issuing office is located in front of passport control counter. Go there to show your passport, visa approval letter wait to be called for stamp fee and get visa stamped on your passport.
Tips for getting an immediate Vietnam e-Visa in Hong Kong:
1. Apply online early: The fastest way to get an e-Visa is to apply online well in advance of your trip. The processing time for an e-Visa is usually 1-3 working days. However, it is best to apply at least 2 weeks before your planned travel date to allow for any unforeseen delays.
2. Use a legitimate website: There are many websites that offer e-Visa services for Vietnam. However, it is important to use a website that is authorized by the Vietnam government. The official website for Vietnam e-Visas.
3. Have all the required documents ready: Before you start your application, make sure you have all the required documents ready. These include:
- A scan of your passport bio page (in JPEG format)
- A scan of your passport-sized photo (in JPEG format)
- A valid email address
- A credit card or debit card to pay the visa fee
4. Fill out the application form carefully: The e-Visa application form is quite straightforward. However, it is important to fill out all the fields carefully and accurately. Any mistakes could delay the processing of your application.
5. Pay the visa fee: The visa fee for a Vietnam e-Visa is USD25. You can pay the fee using a credit card or debit card.
6. Print out your e-Visa approval letter: Once your e-Visa is approved, you will receive an e-Visa approval letter. You should print out this letter and bring it with you when you travel to Vietnam.
Here are some additional tips:
- If you need your e-Visa urgently, you can pay an extra fee for rush processing. This will usually get your e-Visa approved within 24 hours.
- You can also apply for an e-Visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Hong Kong. However, the processing time for an e-Visa at the embassy is usually longer than for an online application.
- If you are planning to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days, you will need to apply for a visa extension. You can do this at the Vietnam Immigration Department in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
Should you need any further information or have any problem with visa, contact us:
- Address: 1 Floor, 56 Nguyen Cu Trinh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 839 20 24 26
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18 \ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239